Skip to main content

Hot as Balls

So yesterday I sent Claude off to his golf trip like a parent sends their child to camp.  I packed his bag, called a cab and made sure he was home for his pick-up.  I also looked up the weather in Pinehurst, South Carolina.  And it's hot as balls there.  High of 91.

Increasingly there have been hints of seasonal change.  And it looks like spring isn't pump faking this time.  Actually it looks like summer is kind of fist pumping the crap out of spring.  NYC is almost hot as balls.  When I checked weather.com yesterday it was 88 (even though it's high says 84).  And today it says high of 79.

But weather.com isn't the only barometer of meteorological change.  People are out.  Brooklyn-stoop-sitting-season has begun.  And with that begins the dark side of this bright time.  Cat-calling skyrockets and rims spin to the sound of car basses bumping.  And while today (and yesterday) could be environmental flukes and while we could very well slide nicely back into the spring-I-can-wear-a-light-jacket time.  The weather reminds us of the coming summer.  Which, without school, is kind of bitter-sweet.  I find myself having that middle school glee of 'schools out for summer.'  But then I think...why?  I'm kind of an adult now.  We all are.  The employed still have to go to work and the unemployed have to worry about sweat stains at interviews.

There are a thousand urban hints indicating the coming of warmer weather but (on a different note) I'll focus on the most important benchmark which of course involves my favorite activity, spinning.

Cobble Hill NYSC.   My favorite gym location because of my fabulously gay-dreaded-black-professional-dancer instructor.  Tuesday at 645 and Wednesday at 745 that is where you can find me.  So I was kind of badass yesterday.  I decided to do a double head-er (?) and do pilates after spinning.  It's deadly.  What made it more 'G' ("and I don't mean that in the regular way, I mean it in the way black people use it.  I feel it has more meaning that way" --Zoolander)  was the fact that the air-conditioning was broken...needless to say, it was hot as balls.  And the spin room is entirely lined with mirrors which were fogged after 10 mins of Lady Gaga on techno-crack.  The room was comparable to break dancing in a sauna.  If the lights hadn't been out (I usually like spin classes better that way so i can get really into it without looking like 'that' person)  I'm pretty sure I would've noticed myself starting to black out a few times.

And then I did pilates.  At that point I must've been delirious. because that wasn't that great of an idea....but it seemed like a good idea at the time.  Anywho....Not sure why I've decided to write about the weather when I have many...oh so many more interesting/embarrassing/TMI-filled stories to recount.  But I've been off not blogging and now I need to ease myself back into it.

As a side-note: I think for a while that 'shame' thing came back and I felt a little bad writing my rather inappropriate thoughts and releasing them out in to the www-dot-abyss.  But then there was another issue.  Every time I tried to blog the stories ended up involving vaginas in someway.   Usually mine.  So yeah, I got writers block on vag.  **feel free to laugh/make lesbian comments/request vaginal posts/ask me their topics/suggest or request less bizarre interjections...etc.**  But I'm back in the game and I'm planning a doing a retro 80's night Saturday with CA (bizarre if you knew my experience last weekend and could see that it should've taught me something...but that's a story for another blog post...the next one...and it has computer drawn pictures!!!) so there will be plenty to blog.

Also...a few questions...feel free to answer...I'm kind of a comment whore.

A.  Blogging about your sex/love/I'm-not-really-sure-what-this-is life....is that detrimental to your game?  And I mean 'playa' playa' game' because (also to be blogged) I've become kind of a man-eater.

B.  Replace who-ha with manly-parts?  Is it that weird to be preoccupied/blog about 'your goods' that much?  I ask because who knows when I'll get c***-blocked again.  (and the stars are not for the man-word)  Side-note again: personally I have no beef with that word.  Never really gained the gravity that most of the female sex seemed to clean from it....I actually think its kind of funny....rhymes with grunt, runt, blunt.  It's also short and sweet.  Almost refreshingly masculine instead of flowery and poetic and artistic.  Also it's one syllable and rhymes with a ton of other words...that's just practical

Back to the point:  guys talk about theirs all the time...its not fair.  It's like when I started telling 'yo papa' jokes in high school and all i got were awkward silences?  Why?  Why the double standard?

C.  Oh, last thing...do all guys name their penises?  This is kind of poll thing and the more answers I get the more fun a pie chart I get to make.  I just need to judge (scientifically) the veracity of some blanket comments I've been told...

So, people:  Answer any/all of these questions at your leisure or if you have that thing...uhh...watcha call it ..yesh...just had it....hmmm...oh yeah!!...SHAME/embarrassment just holla' at me...through email...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"On Losing" or "On Dating Down" or "On 'Jesus He is Not As Attractive As Her'"

I people watch. I am friends with people watchers. We watch people together. And sometimes we play games. In parks we see if people actually match their dogs. At cafes we look at couples and decide who is the loser and who is the winner. I'll define: The Loser: The person who is, for all shallow purposes, more attractive, probably smarter, and/or cooler. Also the one who has more friends. The Winner: The inferior of the pair who has somehow been blessed with money or a good heart or the psychotic break/blindness of their partner. You play this game long enough and you start to notice a trend. Girls lose so often and they lose bad. It gets so much more tragic when you move beyond the game. You begin to understand that this silly game is emblematic of life. You think of your friends who cry over losers (in this game winners). I mean guys who were, are, and will be, losers in life. And then with the slow, horrifying suspense of a nouvelle vague film you t

Dear United Healthcare Insurance

I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry I graduated and you felt you had to leave me. But I never wanted to part ways with you. I need you in (and for) my life. I've been so sick, actually ill, all week. And while I would usually turn into your united-caring arms, I find myself alone. The pain has been unbearable. I want you back. I need you back. When we first got together I had no baggage, no pre-existing conditions. But now I'm older and life has matured me and I need you more than ever. But is the cost too high? What premium am I willing to pay for your undivided-extended coverage? The truth is I'll pay anything. Just don't deny me. Can you resist this face? Lots of love, Coping with Cobra after College

I Realize It's Wednesday But...

So Big C works on Irving Place and I used to always make him take me to this mediocre Chinese food place down the street.  It was a sort of reparation for forcing me (an overweight, bookish, and oh-so-awkward) middle schooler to meet co-workers and bosses at his company and wait for hours..... hours for him to decide that he had worked enough for that day.   I never fully understood why I liked this place so much.  It's got this gaudy decor with garish chandeliers and faux-wood panelling.  It's like those party venues which advertise on public access television and where you imagine the Gotti family has hosted every special occasion ever. Tonight I find myself heading back there with AB and co.  But on my last visit (during the summer) I made a shocking revelation which would wondrously connect my current and middle-school self in some existential meaning-of-life way.  Two words.  Free wine. I've never been someone who's huge on going out of my way for free things..